Prevent diastasis recti, build core and pelvic floor strength, and prepare for an empowered birth with our endorsed prenatal workout program, EMbody Prepare.
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists recommends pregnant women ideally get "at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity every week." That means moving your body, getting your heart rate up, and breaking a sweat. But it can be hard to know where to start, how to break it up, and what supports a healthy pregnancy. This is where our safe, OB-endorsed, trimester-specific prenatal workout program, EMbody Prepare, comes in.
EMbody Prepare is designed by mothers for mothers. Our prenatal workout program helps you develop core and pelvic floor strength, prevent and minimize diastasis recti, and safely build strength and stamina for birth in as little as 10 minutes a day. Best of all, the exercises and principles you learn will support a smooth postpartum recovery.
Here are 5 frequently asked questions and answers to show you why EMbody Prepare is the best at-home prenatal workout program.
Is it safe to workout while pregnant?
Before beginning your prenatal fitness journey, you should first consult your primary doctor or OB/GYN. Generally speaking, moderate and low-impact activities are safe and encouraged while pregnant. That said, not all exercises are created equal. Far too often, what we are told are the "best exercises for pregnancy" compromise core strength and function. This can weaken your push muscles, making for a more challenging delivery and postpartum recovery.
Our EMbody Prepare Path is core-safe and OB/GYN-approved. Dr. Jaqueline Worth of Village Obstetrics, co-author of The New Rules of Pregnancy, calls Every Mother "the perfect preparation for labor and postnatal recovery." Safety is our top priority, and our program is designed to keep you and your baby healthy.
Hear from OB/GYN Jaqueline Worth herself here.
What are the benefits of a prenatal workout program?
Working out with EMbody Prepare while pregnant benefits you and your baby in numerous ways:
- It reduces back pain and incontinence
- Eases constipation
- Boosts mood and relieves stress
- Helps you maintain a healthy weight
- Decreases the risk of gestational diabetes
- Helps build core and pelvic floor strength, improving your push muscles
- Supports a smoother postpartum recovery
What does diastasis recti have to do with pregnancy?
During pregnancy, the body changes, especially the abdominal muscles, which can often separate to accommodate the growing fetus. This puts immense stress on the connective tissue known as the linea alba, compromising balance, providing less support to your organs, and contributing to symptoms such as back pain, incontinence, pelvic floor dysfunction, and so much more. This is diastasis recti, and it impacts over 60% of childbearing women.
However common it may be, diastasis recti can be resolved, prevented, and minimized with proper core training. EMbody Prepare provides you with guided coaching in trimester-specific, safe exercises to ensure your core returns to its pre-baby condition. And if you already suffer from diastasis recti, it will help minimize injury and, in some cases, resolve it during pregnancy.
What makes EMbody Prepare the best prenatal workout program?
EMbody Prepare is the best at-home workout for expectant mothers because it is:
- Offers trimester-specific, prescriptive workouts (we take the guesswork out of “what workout should I do today?”)
- Is designed to be completed in as little as 10-30 minutes a day
- Provides you with detailed coaching in safe cardio-strength, strength, and restorative workouts, such as diastasis recti approved yoga
- Is backed by science (our method is clinically proven to resolve diastasis recti)
- Can be done from the comfort of your home on your schedule
- Is hosted on an intuitive app that also connects you to a community of your peers
- Supports you at every stage of motherhood, allowing you to reclaim your body after childbirth, surpass your fitness goals, and feel strong in motherhood.
What should I expect from the EMbody Prepare prenatal workout program?
Our EMbody Prepare Path offers daily prescriptive workouts customized to your stage of pregnancy. Each day you will be guided through our foundational practice, Core Compressions, and a variety of exercises that will keep you active and healthy throughout your pregnancy. You will have access to an extensive and growing library of strength, cardio strength, and restorative workouts designed to counter the postural imbalances of pregnancy to keep you feeling strong and energized, along with restorative workouts like yoga to help you reset. You will also be coached in safe breathing, posture, and alignment and learn how to move safely in daily life to protect you and your baby. With healthy and safe movement, EMbody Prepare will empower you to stay active and feel your best during and after pregnancy.
For more information on working out while pregnant, check out this FAQ by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
- Exercise During Pregnancy. (2019, July). The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. https://www.acog.org/womens-health/faqs/exercise-during-pregnancy
- Md, A. S. L., Md, W. J., & Claro, D. (2019). The New Rules of Pregnancy: What to Eat, Do, Think About, and Let Go Of While Your Body Is Making a Baby (Illustrated ed.). Artisan.