Researchers at Hospital for Special Surgery, Harvard Medical School and Weill Cornell are collaborating with Every Mother founder Leah Keller to conduct a randomized controlled trial to study the impact of specific core exercises on abdominal muscle strength and function.
Participants will complete 12 weeks of guided core-strengthening exercises targeted for postpartum women. Instruction will be delivered through online videos and a mobile app. Please note that you may have to wait for 12 weeks after enrolling in the study before starting the exercise program.
To participate, you must:
- Be between 3 months and 3 years postpartum
- Be between the ages of 18 and 45
- Not be currently pregnant
- Agree to participate in a 12-24 week exercise program
- Have not previously participated in extensive physical therapy or another program aimed at addressing diastasis recti after your most recent pregnancy
- Be able to attend 3 visits to Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan for testing via ultrasound
Participants will receive:
- 12 weeks of guidance in core-strengthening exercises
- $30 for the second visit to HSS
- $40 for the third visit to HSS
If you are interested in participating and you meet the requirements specified above, please call 212.606.1149 or email email@example.com.